Changes to City of Pensacola Building Permitting, Planning and Engineering Services
In order to minimize the risk of exposure to COVID-19 for City Hall employees, all walk-in permitting has been suspended effective tomorrow, Wednesday, March 18, until further notice. Business will still be conducted as usual using online accounts through mygovernmentonline.organd submitting permits electronically.
Below are a few helpful guidelines to follow while transitioning to online permitting:
Building Permitting and Engineering Services
- All permit applications must be submitted electronically using mygovernment.org. Guidelines for creating an account and submitting online are available at the City of Pensacola Inspection Services web page. For all customer portal and account questions, please call My Government Online at 866-957-3764.
- If the permit requires plan review, two sets of paper copies are required to be submitted. After submitting online, all plans must be dropped off on the first floor at the designated location. Please attach the application number/project number assigned to the online application to the plans.
- All documents such as notices of commencement must be uploaded into the permit application through the online portal.
- Contractor registration, new or renewal, must be a complete package submitted through the application portal or emailed to Inspections@cityofpensacola.com.
- All permits must be paid by credit card and printed from your online account and posted on the job site prior to commencement of work.
- Customers, picking up paper plans only, must schedule an appointment, and a staff member will come downstairs and provide the approved copy.
- Owner-builder permits will also need to be submitted online. The required owner-builder affidavit will need to be done by appointment only, and a notary will meet you on the first floor to notarize and witness the signature per Florida Statutes. Please call 850-436-5600 for assistance.
- Permit extensions and requests for renewals of expired permits must be submitted via email to Inspections@cityofpensacola.com.
- Requests for certificates of occupancy for permits issued prior to Nov. 5, 2019 should be made by phone or email at Inspections@cityofpensacola.com. Copies of signed certificates of occupancy will be emailed out.
- Inspections for mygovernmentonline.org permits will need to be scheduled either online through the customer portal, or via telephone using the IVR system by dialing 866-957-3764 and choosing option 5.
For all permit related questions, please call Inspection Services at 850-436-5600.
For all planning related questions, please call Planning Services at 850-435-1670.
Florida Department of Health Information
The Florida Department of Health in Escambia County Coronavirus Call Center is now available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week at 1 (866) 779-6121 or you can email your questions to COVIDemail@example.com.
Visit floridahealth.gov for the most up-to-date resource for information and guidance regarding COVID-19 in Florida.
March 17, 2020